17 Jul Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon with Shrimp Stuffing
Posted at 11:49h in Chef's Corner
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- 4 (8oz) filet mignon steaks
- 4 slices of bacon
- 8oz sail brand peeled and deveined tail off shrimp diced
- 1 thick slice of potato bread
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a small baking sheet with vegetable cooking spray.
- Wrap one slice of bacon around each steak, and secure with a toothpick. Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add steaks and sear on both sides, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Transfer steaks to the baking sheet and let cool while you prepare the shrimp stuffing
- In the same skillet, melt the butter and add the garlic. Cook until softened and fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Add the flour, and cook for 3 minutes longer. Add the chicken broth and stir until thickened.
- Add the tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, and shrimp. Remove from heat.
- Pulse the bread and thyme in a food processor until crumbly.
- Add the bread crumbs to the shrimp mixture to finish the stuffing.
- Cut a large “X” in the top of each steak going 2/3 the way through the steaks and stuff with the shrimp mixture.
- Bake the steaks for 5-7 minutes, or until and internal temperature of 125 degrees is attained.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.