17 Jul Grilled Shrimp Wrapped in Glazed Bacon
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Total: 30 minutes
- 1lb Sail Brand 16/20 peeled and deveined tail on red argentine shrimp
- 1lb thin sliced bacon
- 2oz lump crab meat
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2tsp thinly sliced green onion
- 2tsp sriracha sauce
- 6oz sweet and spicy apricot glaze (divided)
Sweet and Spicy Apricot Glaze
- ½ cup apricot preserves
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- ½ tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 1 clove minced garlic
*Mix ingredients together in a small sauce pot over medium heat. Bring to a gentle boil and reduce heat to simmer for 15 minutes, stirring often to prevent sticking. Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
- Thaw shrimp then using a sharp knife carefully butterfly each one.
- Preheat oven to 415*, place bacon on aluminum foil lined baking sheet and cook for 10 minutes. Drain bacon on a paper towel.
- Heat grill for indirect, 2 zone grilling.
- In a small bowl mix room temperature cream cheese with crab, garlic, green onion, and sriracha sauce.
- Fill each shrimp with 1tsp of cream cheese mixture and wrap with a slice of bacon.
- Arrange shrimp on greased wire cooling rack and place on indirect heat side of grill.
- Grill shrimp for 8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and bacon browns.
- Brush half of the sweet and spicy apricot glaze over each shrimp reserving the remainder for serving.
- Cook shrimp an additional 2 minutes and remove from heat
- Serve shrimp with glaze for dipping.