22 Jun Mojito Marinated Shrimp with Mango Slaw
Succulent moist marinated shrimp. Recipe serves 4.
2 lb. of large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tail on
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
20 fresh mint leaves, thinly sliced
¼ red onion, minced
Juice from 1 lime and chopped zest
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
2 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
2 tablespoon sugar
½ teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper, course ground
1 mango, peeled and thinly sliced
¾ red onion, thinly sliced
½ head green cabbage, thinly sliced
¼ cup Mayonnaise
2 tablespoon marinade (above)
- Add all marinade ingredients in large bowl. Mix thoroughly. Set aside 2 tablespoons for slaw.
- Add shrimp to marinade and toss. Let sit for 30 minutes in refrigerator.
- While shrimp is marinating, mix all the mango slaw ingredients together.
- Heat cast iron or nonstick pan over medium heat. Add shrimp to pan, cook on each side for about 2 minutes. Optional: Remove pan from stove and add 2 tablespoons of rum. Flame or cook for 1 more minute. (Shrimp should reach minimum internal temperature of 145°F.)
- Plate the mango slaw and add the shrimp over the top. Enjoy!