23 Apr Mom’s Fried Shrimp Made with Love
Posted at 19:16h in Chef's Corner
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Total: 30 minutes
- 1 bag 21/25 Sail Brand Red Argentine Shrimp, Peeled and Deveined
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella cut into strips
- 24 thin slices of prosciutto
- 24 thin strips roasted pepper pat dry
- ½ cup AP Flour
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp water
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup panko bread crumb
- Desired oil for frying (vegetable, canola, soy, peanut etc.)
- Lay out shrimp and butterfly cut so two halves resemble an open book.
- Place a strip of mozzarella cheese down the center of shrimp, then a strip of roasted pepper. Close the shrimp and wrap each one with a slice of prosciutto.
- Place flour in a small dish. Separately, whisk together the egg, water and salt with a fork.
- Place the panko crumbs in another dish, then heat the oil in a large skillet to medium high or 375f.
- Dip the wrapped shrimp in the flour to coat, then dip in the egg, and then roll in the panko crumbs until evenly coated.
- Fry the shrimp in the hot oil until golden brown, approximately 1 minute per side. Remove and serve with favorite dipping sauce.