10 Oct Panko Breaded Cod Veracruz with Pole Beans and Rice
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 8-2-3oz golden havest panko breaded cod
- ½ yellow onion thinly sliced
- 1 chili pepper thinly sliced
- 3 clove of garlic thinly sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ tsp chopped oregano
- 1 cup fresh crushed tomato
- ¼ cup sliced green olives
- 1 tblsp capers
- 1 sliced lime for garnish
- 4 oz cherry tomato cut in half
- 30 pole beans
- 12 oz pkg of white ready rice
- Heat oil to 350 f
- In a frying pan on medium high heat add olive oil, onion, and chili then saute for 2-3 minutes or until onion sweats. Add garlic to pan and saute for one minute
- Add bay leaves, oregano, crushed tomato, green olives and capers then bring to a simmer.
- Fry cod for 5-6 minutes meanwhile steam beans and season to taste
- Prepare ready rice as per package instructions and mound servings onto plate.
- Place fish and beans on plate then cover rice with the Veracruz sauce.
- Finish with sliced green onion and cherry tomato