10 Oct Parmesan Dusted Popcorn Shrimp and Sliced Jalapeño with Homemade Tartar Sauce
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 7.5oz pouch 51/60 pouch shrimp
- 2 fresh jalapeños sliced into ¼ inch thick slices
- 2 tblsp grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup AP flour seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 lemon wedges for garnish
- Tsp chopped dill plus two sprigs for garnish
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tblsp minced dill pickle
- 1 tsp capers
- 1 garlic clove minced or pressed
- 1 tblsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Heat oil to 350 F meanwhile assemble ingredients for tartar sauce.
- Combine all ingredients for tartar sauce and place in cooler, “This can be done one day in advance if needed”.
- Dredge sliced jalapeño into the flour mixture and fry at 350 F for 60 seconds then remove and set aside on a paper towel.
- Open bag of shrimp and fry at 350 F for 2 minutes 30 seconds or until done.
- Mix jalapeño with cooked shrimp then toss with grated parmesan cheese then place in a basket with the tartar sauce on the side, garnish with lemon wedges and fresh dill.
Basket breaded popcorn shrimp with sauce trio
- 1-7.5Oz pouch of 51/60 basket breaded popcorn shrimp
- Fresh lemon wedges for garnish
- ½ Tsp of dark and light sesame seeds
- Thin strands of lemon peel
Cocktail sauce ingredients:
- ¼ Cup ketchup
- ½ Tsp worcestershire sauce
- ½ Tsp lemon juice
- ½ Tsp horseradish, adjust to taste
- Method: combine all ingredients and refrigerate. Garnish with lemon rinds
- Hoisin sauce
- 4 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 2 Teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 Garlic clove, finely minced
- 2 Teaspoons sesame seed oil
- 1 Teaspoon hot sauce (more or less to taste)
- 1/8 Teaspoon black pepper
combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth then refrigerate. Garnish with sesame seeds.
- 1/3 Cup mayonnaise
- 1 Garlic clove minced
- ½ Tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ Tsp salt
- 1/8 Tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp sriracha
- Sprig of parsley
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl stir and store in the cooler. Garnish with parsley
- Heat oil to 350 f, meanwhile prepare all sauces as directed and refrigerate.
- Remove shrimp from pouch and fry for 2-3 minutes until done.
- Place shrimp in a basket with decorative tooth picks.
- Arrange the three sauces around the shrimp basket in desired cup and garnish with lemon rind, sesame seeds and parsley