17 Jul Shrimp and Watermelon Gazpacho
Posted at 11:44h in Chef's Corner
Prep time: 40 minutes
Ready to serve: 40 minutes
1lb cooked peeled and deveined tail off 16/20 red argentine shrimp
6 cups seeded watermelon
1 cup chopped red bell peppers
½ cup chopped white onion
½ jalapeno minced
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons fresh mint chopped
2 tablespoons fresh ginger minced
3 tablespoons honey
½ cup pineapple juice
*To prepare the shrimp, slice cooked shrimp in half lengthwise and then in half width wise and set aside until gazpacho is mixed.
*Reserve some pieces of watermelon for garnish.
- Place all product except for the shrimp together in a large bowl and mix.
- Then in batches place mixture into a blender for approximately 30 seconds per batch.
- the mixture should be well blended but still retain some texture.
- pour blended product into a large pitcher or bowl add cooked shrimp and refrigerate for one hour.
- serve in bowls with garnish of mint and watermelon chunks.