07 Nov Shrimp Fritters
Posted at 17:12h in Chef's Corner
Total time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound Sail Brand Jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined, tail off.
- 1 cup of mounded frozen corn, thawed
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flake
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons fine lime zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Put shrimp and corn into food processor and pulse to break them up. Add the cumin, coriander, paprika, red pepper flake, cilantro, egg, lime zest and ¼ teaspoon of salt. Then pulse a few more times until shrimp is roughly broken and ingredients are mixed together. Place in a bowl and set aside.
- Add oil to a cast iron skillet or medium frying pan and place over medium heat. Once hot use 2 spoons to form shrimp mixture into whatever size fritter you desire. Place them into the pan and flatten slightly to about ¾ inch thick.
- Fry for 2 to 2 ½ minutes per side then transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Repeat the process until all the mixture is used. Serve with lime wedges.