02 Sep Thai Peanut Shrimp
Posted at 19:25h in Chef's Corner
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Course: Main Course
Author: Sabrina Snyder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 pounds shrimp 13-15 count peeled and deveined
- 1/2 can coconut milk 7 ounces
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger minced
- cilantro for garnish
- Add the oil to a large skillet on medium high heat.
- Add the shrimp to the pan cooking on each side for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside.
- Add the coconut milk, peanut butter, soy sauce, Sugar, rice wine vinegar, lime juice, sesame oil, garlic and ginger to the pan and let reduce for 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp back to the pan to coat.